Faststream are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a pioneering company that is leading the shipping industry towards a greener, more sustainable future.
This marine technology company is looking to engage and recruit driven and dynamic individuals to join their team as they embark upon an exciting new phase of growth.
- As a Product Support Engineer, you will support the Customer Support Manager and take full ownership of warrant and technical inquiries for multiple ships
- Manage warranty cases/campaigns
- Execute fault diagnosis using recognised industry processes as needed
- Provide technical support to owners and operators
- Actively engage in company formal feedback processes, liaising with internal and external stakeholders in the continual pursuit of system quality and performance improvements
- Recognising and initiating supplier reclaim opportunities.
- Perform crew/operator training and actively support the production of training material
- Assist in the production, maintaining and selling of service packages
- Proactively support the development and growth of a retail aftermarket service
- Ensure all 3rd party works/costs are thoroughly costed, approved, and administered
- Balance conflicting priorities and manage workload effectively.
- Carrying out all activities with health and safety considerations at forefront of planning
The successful candidate will be an experienced Marine Engineer, who has the necessary drive and organisation skills to manage warranty and technical inquires to their resolution.
- Current/recent experience as Customer Support Engineer - Maritime
- Degree in Marine Engineering (or similar) OR relevant qualification/experience
- Ability to read and interpret both Electrical & Mechanical drawings
- Ability to construct and write concise and professional technical reports (Technical English writing capabilities are essential for this role)
- Positive and optimistic personality with natural resilience to be able to manage the ups and downs of the customer support environment
- Confident and clear interpersonal skills are required for success in a role, which will engage with a wide range of cultures, languages, and hierarchies
- A self-starter with the ability to hunt and find information, and quickly build good working relationships to garner help and knowledge from colleagues and supplier network
- Willingness to travel overseas when required
To apply and find out more, please send your CV to Ellie.Evans@faststream.com today.