Position: Project Engineer
The Project Engineer is responsible for the planning management oversight of all vessel repair and overhaul projects, major capital projects and new vessel construction to ensure each project’s objectives and stakeholder expectations are met or exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for project planning to include definition of the scope of work, establishment of realistic budget estimates, risk management and execution of timelines.
* Identify metrics by which to determine project success.
* Establish project management protocols to guide and manage project teams, including inspections and field test parameters, quality control measures, change management and monitoring, reporting and documentation of project progress.
* Mentor and train Port Engineers, Sr. Captains and Sr. Chief Engineers in project management goals. Establish minimum standards for project managers and other team members.
* Coordinate vessel design modification requirements with the Project Engineer and Naval Architects to gain USCG approval.
* Direct the planning and scheduling of new vessel construction and existing vessel refurbishment programs with the Director of Engineering and Maintenance.
* Collaborate with Port Engineers, Sr. Captains and Sr. Chief Engineers to define the scope of work for vessel dry-dock, repair and overhaul projects and develop consistent work specifications.
* Shall be available to respond to emergency calls after hours.
* A minimum of 4 years project planning experience, preferably in marine transportation or shipyard environment
* A Bachelor’s degree in engineering
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent level of experience
* Field management experience
* Enterprise-level computer platform experience
* Proficient in MS Project or Primavera (Preferred)