Project Manager who will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of technical projects to support shipboard marine engineering projects including energy conservation, ballast water treatment, among others. The position will have a focus on regulatory compliance and finance. Technical decisions and approval shall include equipment and 3rd party vendor selection and technical specification writing to ensure proper integration with existing shipboard systems as well as classification and regulatory compliance. Managerial decisions will revolve around the planning, collaboration, and budgetary aspects of the projects.
Challenges to be encountered on a daily basis include maintaining progress of ongoing and developing installations as well as facilitating technical program improvements and continued operations for regulatory compliance. Other areas of challenge include staying ahead of planned and pending regulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper planning and timely execution of technical projects that support projects in terms of compliance, efficiency and operational savings.
- Efficient and effective implementation of new technical installations and initiative(s): installation, training, system evaluation and improvements.
- Collaborate with Chief Engineers, Technical Superintendents and other key stakeholders in project planning, implementation, and execution phases.
- Provide expertise and guidance in marine technology and regulatory impact.
- Provide viable solutions and corrective actions required to address issues encountered with the implementation of new technologies, this require a high level of technical expertise in the specific field in order to ensure no interruptions to the operation, compliance and the continued safe operations of the equipment.
- Coordinate with Flag State and Class Societies to ensure compliance.
- Participate in the commissioning review upon project completion.
- Manage the budget related to assigned project(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Environmental
- 5+ experience in the maritime industry.
- Strong technical and analytic skills to ensure proper equipment selection, implementation, and operation
- Leadership and management ability to properly plan and execute 2+ projects simultaneously
- Strong time management skills to keep project(s) moving forward
- Strong communication skills as collaboration with multiple parties will be necessary
- Knowledgeable in maritime regulatory framework, rules and guidelines as they relate to fuel, exhaust, and ballast water systems; ability to work in constantly changing environment and to self-direct work