PROJECT MANAGER - NAVAL ARCHITECT
Cruise/Passenger Vessel Design or Construction Experience is highly preferred
Project Manager Naval Architect Services will assist and support Clients in executing and improving strategic and operational ship repair activities. Provide expertise to Client’s Design and Engineering process.
Coordinate and direct Design and Engineering projects, making detailed plans to accomplish Client’s goals.
Daily Challenges / Duties
Project Manager works directly with Client’s senior technical personnel and project managers in the planning and execution of technical and safety activities on complex projects related to cruise ship naval architecture.
Applies cruise ship naval architectural knowledge in accordance with applicable regulatory body rules, regulations, and industry standards to develop analyses in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Concept and feasibility design studies addressing the feasibility of planned modifications including safety and structural analyses and validation of appropriate rules or design standards
- Design integration, coordinating inputs from various naval architectural and other engineering disciplines
- Coordinate Client’s project activities, conduct project review meetings to control project progress.
- Weight and stability analyses, including development of weight and center of gravity estimates, performance of intact and damaged stability analyses, performance of light weight surveys and inclining experiments.
- Knowledge/experience in cruise ship naval architecture standards, practices, and tools.
- Ability to apply regulatory body rules, ship specifications, and other technical guidance to develop conforming designs and modifications to cruise ships
- Ability to perform weight and stability analysis including light weight surveys and inclining experiments would be considered a merit
- MSc or BSc Degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to work legally in the USA. No sponsorships will be offered. Relocation can be offered to highly qualified candidates.
Please be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.