DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the planning and execution of pipeline pigging and integrity assessment projects.
- Project “Scope of work” development.
- Preparation of specific work procedures and general standard operating practices (SOP’s).
- Scheduling of on-site activities, management of project budgets, supervision of company staff and 3rd party contractors, assessment of accomplished activities (mechanical, technical, and data survey) administration of contracts, co-ordination of on-site logistics, client relations & account management, and as required presentation of project results.
- Preparation and verification of inspection equipment.
- Initial processing of inspection data, review data, and assist in the generation of the final report as directed.
- Participate in safety meetings and develop knowledge in all safety polices and industry safety standards.
- Prepare change orders or purchase orders as required to gain approval for all “non-scope of work” works as they may be assigned by the client.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance, operate pumps, compressors, valves, and other duties associated with pipeline pigging and integrity assessment projects.
- Maintain client relation and communicate project progress and status in a clear method.
- Assist with the development and improvement of the integrated Quest pipeline solution. This will also include training of junior and or new staff members.
- Make safety a top priority at all times as it relates to you, all colleagues, and our clients’ personnel.
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 year technical post-secondary education preferred. 5+ year in-house technical training from ILI or pipeline companies may also be considered.
- Previous experience or in depth familiarity with general pipeline operation and pipeline pigging activities.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards.
- Working knowledge of PHMSA Pipeline Integrity Management Program Rules and Regulations (Gas & Liquid).
- Ability to teach / impart technical and administrative skills to junior technicians / assistants.
- Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to acquire Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to provide top quality customer service.
- Must be willing to travel extensively, often on short notice for durations of a few days to several weeks out of town 75% or more of the time.