Direct Search Global is offering the ideal candidate a chance to join one of the worlds most prestigious shipping companies as a Purchaser.
- Tending to shipowner or vessels' requisitions promptly by sending out quotes in a timely manner.
- Ensure purchases are ordered and delivered
- Attending to technical or provision matters (arranging service technicians/provision/ship store for breakdowns/maintenance and equipment for vessels)
- Close relationship and communicate with owner/Superintendent/vessels on daily basis for smooth purchasing/technical activities
- Advise delivery arrangements on vessels/ship representative
- Follow up on any wrong supplies matters
- Liaise on delivery arrangements with agents/forwarders
- Ensure all purchases are captured on company's purchasing module
- Nomination of proper suppliers, alternate sourcing and constant evaluation of suppliers' performance
- Ensure cost savings for all activities
- Closely monitor urgent/routine orders with supplier expediting requirement
- Prompt issuance of purchase orders to suppliers
- Maintain soft copy email files for quotes, purchase orders and correspondence
- Adhere closely to company's Purchasing/technical and office procedures
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Diploma in Purchasing Management/Supply Chain Management
- Good Communicator.
- 2 years of experience as a Purchaser or Technical Assistant
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to email@example.com