Our client is an international ship owner, due to business expansion they are looking for Purchasing Manager to join the team.
In this position, you will:
- Operate within the company policies and procedures in accordance to the Integrated Management System (IMS), Company Directives and Code of Conducts.
- Propose, draft and manage company directives and procedures on important procurement matters on spare parts and services and/or as directed by the management.
- Form strategic contracts for spare parts and services base on fleet’s requirement.
- Review and keep track of all spare parts and service contacts for validity, viability and effectiveness of the contract.
- Drive and negotiate planned bulk purchase projects for entire fleet (bulk purchase exercise, dry docking) and oversee the execution of the purchase.
- Assist to negotiate for purchase of parts and/or services for fleet / technical projects
- Plan and carry out supplier audits with the team.
- Measure performance of contracted or specified suppliers for business / contract review.
- Manage and maintain good relationship with major and contracted suppliers.
- Resolve complains and issues between suppliers and fleet / purchasers and propose corrective/preventive solutions.
- Explore and propose new and capable suppliers to meet expectations on cost and quality.
- Handles difficult and emergency enquiries from the fleet on spare parts and services.
- Advise the fleet and purchasers on applicable contracts and company directives for procurement, ensure company policies and directives for procurement operations are observed.
- Generate reports, i.e. on effects and savings from procurement projects, for the procurement director as required.
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Organized/ good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in Purchasing and supplying.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company. Our client can offer an attractive salary based on experience.