Our Client is an international ship manager with a truly global presence. Due to business developments, they are looking to hire a Purchasing Manager to join them in Singapore.
In this position, you will be coordinating between the technical team and ship owner clients to manage to purchase of ship spares and supplies. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating between Fleet Managers, Superintendent and Category Managers
- Ensure vessel spending is understood and the best solutions are available and approved
- Interacting with ship owner customers
- Define, monitor and implement effective KPIs
- Manage to purchase compliance
- Act as point of escalation and resolve any issues that arise
- Preparing regular reports
- Involvement in supplier meetings
The ideal person for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Likely to have at least 4 to 5 years experience in Purchasing of ships spares and supplies
- Experience in a managerial position would be highly beneficial
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
Our client can offer an attractive package for the right person. They are one of the leaders in the shipping industry and have a dynamic work environment. This role will give you the opportunity to travel and to be involved with a wide variety of stakeholders.