Our client is a very active ship yard located in Texas. They are looking for a Purchasing Manager to be responsible for all procurement activities, including the procurement of all materials, equipment and subcontractors to support the engineering, operating, and administrative departments of the yard. This includes most aspects of procurement related with new vessel construction. The right person will have previous purchasing experience with ship building or offshore related projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- negotiating with all vendors, suppliers and subcontractors in order to obtain best pricing, vendor sourcing and delivery
- coordination and support of the purchasing requirements of the Company with all related departments and projects
- coordination and support of the purchasing requirements for the Operations and Engineering Departments
- providing reports and analysis by line of business or project, as applicable, on purchasing history, forecasts, and variances from budget
- creation and management of inventory control systems
- implementation, use, and future modification of the computerized purchasing system
- planning and purchasing of all components necessary to support the various projects
- providing input for the development of estimates, progress tracking, and cost control management for all shipyard new construction projects
- negotiating subcontracts and major purchases of equipment and systems in accordance with new construction and repair projects
- material control, shipping and receiving, inventory management, and verification that materials and equipment meet the as-ordered specifications
Proficient use of Microsoft Office software is required, as well as familiarity with P6 and Microsoft Project.