Develop, implement and manage audit program(s) to ensure compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) policies & standards, as well as regulatory and clients requirements, identify areas for improvement.
· Drive implementation of regional quality strategy, and ensure that quality systems, processes and procedures are developed and implemented to continually meet global quality requirements.
· Responsible for the QMS activities, which includes the documentation control system, planning and execution of audits, closure of preventive and corrective actions from internal and external audits.
· Ensure that occupational health requirements and initiatives are broadly communicated across all areas of responsibility.
· Monitor compliance with rules & regulations.
· Conduct periodic audits of health related requirements; develop and implement corrective / preventive actions as necessary.
· Establish and maintain safety, health and environment management systems
· Educate, train, supervise and motivate employees to conduct activities in a safe and responsible manner.
· Ensure at all times that fire safety requirements contained in the Emergency Response Plan are complied with;
· Supervise the maintenance of all fire safety works in the company;
· Ensure at all times that the employee load of any part of any building does not exceed the capacity prescribed under the Fire Code;
· Conduct daily checks within the premises and remove or cause to be removed any fire hazard that is found within the company;
· Prepare and execute the Emergency Response Plan for the company and distribute the Emergency Response Plan to the employees;
· Conduct fire drills for the employees at least twice in every calendar year or on such occasion as may be directed by the Commissioner;
· Ensure that all employees are familiar with the means of escape located within the company;
· Train, co‑ordinate and supervise the Company Emergency Response Team for the company in first‑aid, fire‑fighting and evacuation in the event of fire or other related emergencies;
· Train the employees in first aid, firefighting and evacuation in the event of fire or other related emergencies;
· Co-ordinate and supervise the employees within the company in firefighting and in evacuation in the event of fire or other related emergencies;
· Supervise the operation of the Fire Command Centre in the event of fire or other related emergencies;
· Conduct at least 2 Table-Top Exercises within the company each year and to evaluate, together with the Emergency Response Team, the effectiveness of the Arson Prevention Plan and Emergency Response Plan for company
· Prepare and implement the Arson Prevention Plan for the company
· Notify the Commissioner immediately upon the occurrence of any fire incident in the premises;
· To carry out a fire risk assessment of the company at least once in every 3 years;
· To perform checks to ensure that any fire safety works using alternative solutions meet the requirements set out in the operations and maintenance manual, if any.
· Maintain and improve Risk Management System, verify risk assessments to identify uncontrolled hazards and ensure compliance with safe work practices are conducted across all areas of responsibility.
· Ensure an active audit program is implemented and sustained to verify all lifting equipment records, registers and certifications are current and accurate (e.g. for fixed/mobile cranes, forklifts, etc.
· Review risk assessments involving hazardous substances; ensure controls are implemented to prevent injury, illness and/or property damage
· Conduct periodic audits to ensure Safety Data Sheets are maintained and current for all hazardous substances used at the worksite; verify SDS are readily available to employees.
· Verify that all work activities involving confined space operations, working at heights, pressurized systems and other extreme environments have been risk assessed and actively monitored during operations.
· Ensure appropriate Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) are completed for all facilities acquired/released.
· Ensure that environmental processes are followed during facility entry and vacate operations.
3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Technical / Professional:
· At least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Marine) or equivalent.
· At least 5 years of working experience in Quality & Safety Management in similar capacity.
· Certified MOM hot work safety accessor
· Certified Fire Safety Manager
· Familiar with Workplace Safety & Health Act and knowledge of ISO I45001:2018 Systems
· Familiar with Safe Management Plan (Covid-19)