In order to support the increasing demands of the department, our client an international Ship Owner are actively seeking a QHSE Officer to join their tanker division.
The successful candidate's main aim in the role will be to:
- Provide support and co-ordinate the company safety culture and standards aboard all vessels and offices.
- Ensure the overall environmental, safety compliance and quality assurance of the fleet of vessels.
- Undertake systems and safety related work as required.
- Provide ongoing advice on all QHSE matters.
To be considered for this role you will
Qualification and Experience:
* Seafaring experience or a shipping related degree is a requirement for this role.
* Previous onshore experience within QHSE would be advantageous.
* Demonstrated knowledge and use if ECDIS.
* Lead Auditor Qualification would be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong background in Marine Safety.
* Sound knowledge and understanding of ship management, operations and its QA systems.
* Strong IT skills.
* Good command of both written and spoken English.
* Right to live and work in the UK
This is a great opportunity to join an employer who is dedicated to investing in its employees and progressing them throughout their business.