Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for ensuring the overall Quality Management System. The position is also responsible for Document control, Quality assurance activities, such as corrective action / preventative action, quality management team meetings, quality related Training and Audits. This position directs and coordinates activities of all QA operations to maximize quality, customer satisfaction, compliance, productivity and profitability. Clearly communicates complex information and project status through written and oral methods.
Desired Attributes and Qualifications
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable. Team player that leads by example; is professional and respectful of others.
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group presentations.
- Remains curious and is a good listener.
- Dedicated to personal development.
- Strong customer service focus
- Complies with ISO 9001:2008 regulations and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding the requirements and ensuring compliance of ISO9001
- Able to integrate expertise into multi-technique solutions to complex problems, strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills, including data interpretation / analysis.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented, verified and sustainable.
- May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- Gathers and analyzes process information including cycle times, measurements, test results, trends, etc., used for statistical process control, cost analysis, and planning.
- Ensures safety and ergonomic considerations are made relating to equipment, process and plant layout.
- Provides input to all new product processes and actively engages in manufacturing process flow, standard work, layout, etc. discussions and reviews.
- Recommend and take corrective action in compliance regarding quality audits, change management, gauge calibration, safety and/or quality incident investigations, etc. Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Must spend significant time “on the floor” across all operational shifts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Quality Control, Quality Assurance or Compliance Management required.
- Good knowledge of ISO quality management standards.
- Strong computer skills (Windows, MS Office, data acquisition software).
- Lean Manufacturing competency including the ability to train others in this methodology.
- Willing and able to travel between two sites located in New Jersey and Michigan.
- ASQC certifications preferred.
- Professional knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma – Greenbelt a plus
- English communication skills must be excellent, and Spanish as a second language is a plus
- 3 years experience in Quality Assurance/QAR
- Bachelor Degree
- Knowledge of US Navy and US Coast Guard contracting requirements.