Safety Manager - LNG
- Designs and implements clear, specific HSE goals for the organization
- Designs and carries out Safety campaigns
- Develops meaningful Safety KPIs (on & off-shore) and implements a monitoring system
- Analyses MRM data and proposes plans for continuous improvement
- Contributes/participates in plan preparations and exercises for dealing with emergency situations
- Informs Management of relevant HSE matters in a timely manner
- In cooperation with Site Office Senior HSSE Officer, develops the Site Office HSSE plan, and verifies its effectiveness
- Stresses and monitors Safety across all company offices
- Ensures that non-conformities, accidents and hazardous situations are investigated, analysed and preventative measures for recurrence are taken
- Drives and Co-ordinates investigations and effective close out of actions related to Safety
- Captures learnings from Safety incidents and incorporates them into the Company’s Safety programs
- Monitors Maritime Safety trends and suggests strategies to drive improvement
- Implements procedures for identifying training which may be required in support of the Safety management system
- Cultivates strong working relationships with each team member, manager, and stakeholder
- Participates in audits as necessary
- Acts as an Emergency Response Team member
- Preferred education/certification: University Degree in Business Administration, Safety & Security and/or Maritime Studies or sea-going experience, with Master or Chief Engineer experience on an oil or gas carrier, or equivalent
- 3 years’ relevant industry experience in HSE matters, including Auditing and Assessments of third party HES activities
- A broad background in the HSE aspects of marine operations and knowledge of LNG operations including experience with LNG vessel, terminal
- Key competencies: Leadership, Decision making, People Development, Communication, Presentation
- Excellent command of English language
- High integrity, ability to build alliances to get things done, respect for others and for diversity
- Adept at assessing and resolving problems
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work closely with third parties to ensure acceptable HSE performance
Knowledge of maritime operations, especially related to the LNG, industry is preferred. Senior Merchant Officer License or equivalent experience. Experience in leading an organization through the implementation of an ISO or ISM system certification program.This role looks for someone with the following:
- Master or Chief ENGINEER with LNG or Tanker Background.
- Knowledge of Vetting, Oil Major Standards.
- Professional approach in dealing with the Vessels, Customers, and Company Office.
- Chance to be a name/face of a solid business.
Safety Manager - LNG Keywords: FLNG, LNG, FSRU, Marine Engineer, Maritime, FEED, LNG Vessel, LNG Design, LNG Proposals, LNG Projects, Maritime Academy, Cargo Engineer, Gas Engineer, LNG Newbuilding, Flagship, Flagship Management, Tanker, Bulk Carrier, Cruise, Navy, Naval Architecture.