Safety Manager - Suriname
Our client is looking for Safety Manager with experience working in an industrial or maritime operation. The Safety Manager will be responsible the Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) process and practices of the facility. The Safety Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining the occupational health, safety, environmental , and training programs to ensure operational excellence throughout the Company. This position works with management to develop policies and procedures for maintaining a safe work environment for Company operations.
Core Responsibilities for the Safety Manager
- Plan, implement, and maintain HSE programs, policies, and procedures
- Formulate and communicate safety objectives to all departments and personnel.
- Maintain and distribute regulatory compliance information to HSE personnel and management.
- Perform facility inspections to identify potential health, safety, and environmental hazards.
- Investigate and document accidents, injuries, and unsafe workplace conditions and practices.
- Prepare incident reports and update all applicable databases and spreadsheets to maintain accurate records.
- Develop and implement solutions to mitigate identified workplace safety hazards.
- Assist department managers in preparing written appeals for occupational health, safety, and environmental violations.
- Provide leadership and education in zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all operations.
Essential Skills & Experience
- University degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene or safety-related field
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent will be considered in lieu of University degree
- 5+ years of experience in the maritime industry other industrial segments will be considered
- Strong organizational/ management capabilities
- Proven ability to develop, implement and manage a safety culture
- MS Office (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English required - Dutch language abilities are a plus