Purpose of the Job
• Prepare technical proposals and commercial tenders
• Interface with front-sales and monitor progress of projects
• Co-ordinate projects with head office, regional offices and agents
• Visiting and presents client’s portfolio to the customers
• Prepares internal handover meeting
• Plans marketing and acquisition trips
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Prepare and co-ordinate technical and commercial proposal activities with Regional Offices and Local Headquarters
• Prepare price calculation and tender documentation
• Accountable for the sales strategy for his/her’s application/product portfolio
• Train junior engineers/students
• Push and drive sales projects internally by working closely with departments (process engineering, project management, shipping/logistic) and suppliers/sub-contractors to prepare cost estimates for engineering studies, process equipment and complete plants.
• Ensure that the specifications offered to the customer are within the capability and capacity of the company
• Ensure that the customers’ requirements are adequately conveyed and properly reflected in proposal.
• Undertake sales and marketing trips of Separation Technology products/applications and services throughout the region
Competencies and behavior required
• Flexible, open to change and new information. Adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Hands-on with excellent analytical, planning, evaluation and implementation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills with influencing capabilities.
• Good time management and decision-making skills.
• Evaluate of sub-contractor / supplier quality systems and capabilities.
• Strong, confident and personable communicator at a senior level.
• Service-oriented with ability to anticipate problems and solving them effectively
• Integrity, credibility and ability to collaborate within a multicultural organization.
• Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering Job
• 3 – 5 years sales or process experience within the chemical process / petrochemical / fine chemical / oleochemical industries
Knowledge requirements (professional, technical):
• Good foundation on chemical separation processes knowledge