The responsibilities of the role are to implement the required action plan, manage key customer relationships, key project negotiations, delivery and distributor engagement activities to support efforts to achieve sales, EBITDA and market share growth. The role shall carry out tactical activities to increase market coverage and continuously enhance sales efficiency to make a fair profit. In addition, it is to support key tasks, including marketing, strategic planning aligned with global / regional vision and aspirations.
The assigned territories include Fluid Power business in Indonesia. This individual is expected to support and grow the existing business in the next few years.
The Sales Engineer’s specific responsibilities will fall into 4 primary areas:
Accountability #1: Financial Performance
- Manage sales and opportunity pipeline, analyses market trends and recommend sales plans to address accordingly
- Execute sales strategy to achieve sales goals and revenues
- Meet regular sales targets
- Negotiate and close sales by agreeing terms and conditions
Accountability #2: Customers
- Identify and prospect new business opportunities and recommend relevant products for those opportunities, focusing on longer life cycles for customers
- Evaluate partner distributor sales performance for the assigned segments and recommend improvements
- Communicate up-to-date information about new products and enhancements, with guidance from the sales manager to channel distributors and/or target end users
- Search for new customers in a designated region/ territory
- Manage and interpret customer requirements
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Resolve sales conflicts, product use, customer complaints in a timely manner products with support from channel manager and multi-functions
Accountability #3: Process
- Provide market intelligence reports for head office
- Assist in joint execution with marketing on targeted marketing events not limited to industry trade shows, technical day, road show
- Co-coordinate sales projects
- Support marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events Offering after-sales support services
- Compliance with corporate policy like HSE laws & regulation and HR code of conducts etc.
Accountability #4: People
- Work closely with Application team, marketing team and sales support team to achieve business objectives.
- Diploma / Bachelor degree, major in engineering from a reputable university
- Preferably 3-5 years’ experience in commercial area and relevant industry at national level.
- Previous exposure in multi-cultural environment with MNCs.
- Strong business acumen and organizational abilities/
- Display proactiveness / reliability / integrity
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written in English
- Strong negotiation skills and time management