This role spends up to 30% of their time running a portfolio of existing customers, and for the remaining time canvassing sales, identifying and converting new prospects in the lubricants segment.
• Attend trade shows in the region as appropriate
• Provide training in region for Account Executives (AE’s) once a quarter with one “live session” once a year. Also trains managers, order desks, etc as appropriate.
• Development of regional business plan, tracks sales opportunities to maximise profitability and payoff in defending and protecting business.
• Conducts sales activities such as volume and margin analysis, leading tender activity, resolving customer issues and track pricing performance to enhance customer perception of value.
‘• Drives new offers, develop a deep market knowledge, and actively supports prospecting activities, develop a pipeline of opportunities through more detailed customer analysis.
• Develops and regularly updates customer forecasts, opportunities & vulnerabilities for the regional demand review to help the demand planners.
• Spends 70% of time in front of customers and is able to navigate conversations across a diverse contact map at all levels and through all functions of the customer to build strong relationships that build trust, generate powerful insights to enable business growth.
• Keeps track of opportunities within the region.
• Keeps track of competitors’ actions in their market. Has complete knowledge of competitors’ offerings so as to be able to target client’s offering accordingly. This includes competitors’ supply capability globally.
• In effect, due to their experience become pricing managers for the lubricants product line.
• Analyse and controle xpenditures related to sales activities to conform to budget requirements.
• Support product research & development process with market feedback & data either at your own initiative or upon request.
• Assist other departments and co-workers within the organisation to prepare manuals, technical publications, forecasts, and inventory management repots, etc.
• Provide input and support for the development of relayed collateral material.
• Organise and conduct sales meetings, if appropriate, and provide support at company sales meetings when requested
• Generally engage in activities that promote that sales of the product within the Area.
Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills
•8 years’ B2B industrial sales experience with a proven track records in the Shipowners and Ship management companies
• Able to develop, maintain and build new relationship with customers, OEMs and industry bodies
• Strong organisational skills and able to handle a variety of tasks concurrently
• Proficient with MS Office and Pivotable
• Language skills other than English is a plus