Scheduler - Shipyard
Our client has an immediate need for a scheduler / planner. This position manages the process for creating, managing, and monitoring timeliness of all project schedules. The Planner participates with project managers, estimators, and accountants to source schedules, produce projections, and financial reports throughout the duration of all significant projects.
Leads the process for project estimates, proposals, contracts, specifications, drawings and other basic source data to develop a realistic project schedules
- Review specifications and contract documents; understand the project work, and the schedule and reporting requirements of the contract.
- Lead project team members in PERT planning process
- Create and manage all required project schedules, utilizing scheduling software required, including MS Project and Primavera P6.
- Maintain, manage multiple project schedules and report on same
- Produce schedules and schedule reports as required for internal use and customer reporting
Preferred skills and experience:
- Minimum five (5) years of increasing responsibility in a schedule creation, management capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- The individual must have experience and familiarity with budgeting, estimating, and planning/scheduling principles.
- Must have knowledge of shipyard production procedures, methods, and processes.
- Knowledge of NAVSEA standards
- Experience with cost accounting, material procurement, and labor planning
- Must be experienced using MS Project or P6 preferred.