- Responsible to verify and process invoices for accounting of vessels.
- Prepare reports such as budget Vs. actual, profit & loss statements, Chartering income etc.
- Working with outside auditors and accountants to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with offices in various countries for month end and year end closing of accounts.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Identify errors, create accounting policies and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accounts.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified CA/CPA with 4 years’ experience as an Accountant working with SHIP management/owning company OR similar experience in a global (commodities)trading house.
- Knowledge of L/C Discounting or Banking Finance is a
- Working experience at an auditing firm is a
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year- end close process.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like ERP and Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Excellent command over verbal and written English communication skills.
- Extremely organized with strong multi-tasking skills.
We provide attractive salary package based on qualifications/experience, excellent growth opportunity and an internationally challenging career with ability to make and influence high level, strategic decisions.