We are currently representing one of the leading Commodity Trading Houses with global operations to recruit a Senior Freight Trader (Dry Bulk). This role will be based in our clients Singapore office and located in the Central area.
Core functions for this role involve:
- Reporting directly to the Global Head of Shipping
- Pricing freight independently for the inhouse C&F business
- Supporting the traders based in Singapore
- Chartering in tonnage on voyage or time charter to cover sales
- Taking advantage of arbitrage opportunities
- Developing 3rd party cargo and build a book in the region profitably
- Chartering out inhouse tonnage in the region and keeping on developing relationships with local ship owners and building on the current long term period fleet of Ultramax and Kamsarmax tonnage.
Ideally, this person will have at least 7-15 years of relevant working experience, a high level of leadership, negotiation, numerical and communication skills. They must also have proven experience handling various types of bulk carrier vessels. Those with significant experience handling Supramax/Panamax vessels will have an added advantage. Strong knowledge of the commodity markets, specifically in the soft commodities sector (Grains, Wheat, Corn) is essential.
The successful candidate can expect personal development opportunities, international exposure, as well as a safe and attractive working condition.
To apply and find out more, please send your CV to Ellaine.Legaspi@faststream.com.