- To provide legal advisory for the whole group of companies
- To provide assurance on compliance matter and corporate governance matter inclusive monitoring company secretarial work.
PRINCIPLE & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To provide legal advisory in all aspects of organization business;
- To review, negotiate and administer legal and transactional documentations;
- Engage with key external vendors to monitor contract negotiations, tendering and provide recommendations;
- Manages potential disputes and litigation matters;
- Creating legal template documents and agreements for the Company
Internal Corporate Secretarial:
- To attend Board of Directors and Sub-Board Committees meetings to coordinate the flow of meetings and; and to verify the accuracy of minutes of meeting
- To coordinate Board of Directors and Sub-Board Committees meetings and to ensure presentation materials are prepared and ready prior to the respective meetings;
- Drafting and preparation of written resolutions and public announcements.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of Company’s annual report and annual general meetings;
- Liaison with relevant governance authorities;and
- Administrative tasks whenever necessary
- Drafting and assist in the implementation of Company’s policies and procedures.
- To work with risk department to ensure transactions involving the Company is in accordance to Company’s policies and procedures and further to applicable laws and regulations
- Provide adequate and accurate legal advice based on company situation.
- Work together with all level of staff within the company
- Negotiation skill with all level of management and third party and always ensure to uphold company advantage for all legal matters.
- Attending board meeting and able to articulate with higher management.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders, authorities and external parties;
- Experience in drafting, vetting, and familiar with company and commercial laws, listing guidelines;
- Ability to work well independently with minimum guidance;
- Frequent travelling required
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Good command in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Able to write constructive report.
- Experience of attending board meeting and working on company secretarial matter is preferred.
- Ability to lead a department and manage subordinates.
- Ability to work with third party or manage outsourcing working.
- Experience in dealing with PLC Corporate Services