Our client is a top global maritime organisation who require a Senior Marine Surveyor to be based inone of their central African offices on an EXPAT basis.
A key aspect to this role is to manage the office and small team of Surveyors day to day. The ideal candidate should have performed these duties previously. The remainder of your work will be to examine and report on vessels, Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU’s), equipment and machinery, and other marine structures after construction according to SOLAS and MARPOL requirements and ABS Rules. Frequent travel to other African countries will be required.
Due to visa restrictions only applicants with USA citizenship will be considered
The ideal candidate will have sea going experience, as well as experience working for a classification society as a Senior Surveyor. You will have experience surveying offshore as well as ships in service and classification and be a qualified Auditor.
To be considered for this role you must possess the following:
· Fluent in English language both written and verbal
· Currently a Senior Surveyor working for a Classification society
· Previously managed an office and small team of Surveyors
· Offshore surveying experience
· Ships in Service surveying experience
· Relevant degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture
· ISM/ISPS Auditor qualification is desirable