Senior/ Principal Naval Architect - Aberdeen
Our client is actively seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Senior/ Principal Naval Architect to join their Maritime Assurance and Consulting business. In this position you will lead the planning, organisation and management of a strong team of naval architects in the completion of a range of marine warranty, engineering assurance and structural engineering projects. As technical expert within the team, this role will provide naval architectural / structural engineering consultancy to our clients, both as a consultant on an ad-hoc basis or as part of a project specific role. You will carry out engineering analysis, undertake analysis reviews and prepare technical documents, taking a consultative approach to technical challenges.
- Engineering analysis, calculation, design, assessment and review.
- To act as technical expert in the areas of structural engineering and naval architecture
- To act as focal point for assigned clients, building and managing client relationships and ensuring that technical services are delivered as per the contract
- To support and mentor other members in the team.
- Degree Qualified Naval Architect
- Experience delivering engineering consultancy services
- Chartered Engineer preferred
- Experience in subsea construction is preferred, knowledge of industry structural code calculations (API, DNV, Norsok, AISC, etc.)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of large structures (Ansys, ABACUS, etc.)
- Familiar with industry codes (Norsok, DNVGL, API etc.)
- Familiar with aging structures, inspection techniques, applicable codes etc.
- Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS) experience
- Seafastening experience, including review of SF designs
- Experience of document review with regards to subsea construction
- Demonstrated experience of OSV engineering experience
- Experience with internal and external parties
- Strong communication skills for presentations
- Must have valid EU passport