My client is one of the worlds leading Marine and Offshore Consultancies. Due to continued growth they are now seeking a Senior Project Mariner for their London Office. Reporting to the Project Directors, the Senior Project Mariner will work predominantly on Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) and Advisory Services contracts.
Main responsibilities will involve carrying out site inspections and marine asset surveys and reviewing project procedure documentation relating to onshore and offshore energy projects.
Candidates should have strong background and experience of offshore marine operations. MWS or Marine Consultancy experience is a big advantage. Preference experience will be marine transportation, offshore installation and heavy lifts.
There will be a high degree of client contact and consequently the successful candidate will possess excellent communication and report writing skills. Fluency in reading and writing in English is a must to deliver quality attendance and vessel survey reports.
Candidates should have sailed as Master Mariner and hold STCW Class 1 certification with command experience.
Candidates are expected to have significant working experience and knowledge in marine and offshore transportation and installation operations, MWS, vessel suitability surveys, on/off hire, CMID and similar survey experience on a wide range of vessels. OVID accreditation and experience will be an advantage.
They should have the following key skills and qualifications:
· STCW Class 1 certification
· Proven track record in relevant offshore experience within marine and offshore sector.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills being able to build rapport and develop constructive working relationships with clients, colleagues and staff.
· Strong organisation skills being able to prioritise across multiple projects, clients and issues.
· Teamwork demonstrated by the ability to work as an integral key member of the team as well as ability to direct others when leading a project.
· Technically and commercially astute.
· Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
· Fluent English - reading and writing (essential).
· A valid BOSIET Certificate
This position requires the role holder to travel regularly expect extended periods on site, often at short notice offshore and overseas. Due to the nature of the work candidates must be medically fit and hold current offshore medical certificate.