Title: Senior Ship Operations - Dry Bulk
Education & Experience: Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred; Seagoing Experience on as a Deck Officer and a some shoreside preferred.
Function: Responsible for all post-fixture operations including administration of budgets and charter party provisions. Also serve as primary daily point of contact with charterers regarding performance of vessels and execution of voyages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and submit freight invoices, following up with relevant parties to ensure prompt receipt as per charter party terms.
2. Administer port services and disbursement accounts for relevant voyages, including accounts payable processes.
3. Prepare and submit demurrage statements within time bar allowances, following up to ensure prompt settlement.
4. Maintain voyage files, implement contract terms ensuring proper application of escalators, bunker adjustments, etc.
5. Maintain knowledge base of commercial markets in order to assist in identifying incremental business opportunity consistent with company’s strategic goals.
6. Possess aptitude to learn/execute other marine operational tasks as directed.
7. Perform and assist in various other commercial/operational/analytical projects as required.
8. Represent company by providing both operational and marketing presence at various industry events/functions.