Service Engineer - Fort Lauderdale
We are currently looking for a Marine Engineer to join a growing mega-yacht service company. This professional will be responsible for the overall service, maintenance and repair of main engines and supporting equipment for various yachts. We're looking for someone with deep sea experience looking to transition into a new industry sector.
- Marine service engineer is responsible for maintenance and repair services on diesel engines used by the marine and yachting
- Perform maintenance and repair on diesel engines and turbochargers; including major overhauls, piston pulls, crankshaft repairs, etc.
- Work with hands using tools on machinery for extended periods of time ensure compliance to regulations within all mechanical systems on board various vessels.
- Maritime Academy graduate preferred
- Shipboard engine room experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with 4-stroke or 2-stroke diesel engines and auxiliaries
- Knowledge of diesel engine controls, automation systems, diesel gen-set maintenance
- Solid understanding of engine room operations
- Skilled in hands-on engineering work and willing to be trained
- Ability to use diesel engine diagnostic equipment
- Ability to document work performed in Windows based computer logs
- Must be able to physically access engine spaces
- Valid US Passport and Drivers license required
- Ability to pass background check and pre-employment DOT drug screen
- Customer-focused, team-player attitude