Job Summary ...
Direct the daily operation of a service department made up of a group of specialty, Industrial, mechanics/technicians/welders. Reviews work orders and job requirements to ensure appropriate solutions are offered. Monitors order status to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains files and records pertinent to customers. Maintains work direction and accountability for daily workforce as well as future work planning.
Essential Functions ...
- This is a customer driven position and good telephone etiquette is a must. Must be able to multi task and respond to customers emergencies, both internal and external.
- Review all service tickets for accuracy
- Maintain daily schedule including future jobs
- Review manpower requirements on a regular basis
- Coordinate job scheduling with sales department as well as field ops
- Schedule training for employees on an as needed basis
- Support department sales budget with focus on assigned representatives to achieve Target. Work with Management to develop local strategy.
- Perform required research to support customer Request for Quote and general information solicitation. Use existing technical drawings/diagrams/personnel/ resources to ensure that solutions offered conform to equipment/use specifications. Perform quote follow up to spur customer decisions.
- Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required. Work directly with representatives and staff to resolve internal and external problems quickly.
- Work with management to develop feedback related to target and sales program performance / enhancements.
- Solicit input for new products as well as collecting feedback for increasing sales related to existing offerings.
- Promote growth initiatives
- Moderate local travel, generally by vehicleService Manager