- Manage a group of vessels’ daily technical and operational issues, including overall vessel maintenance, general condition, operational performance, and repairs.
- Maintain tight cost control over the operational budget, including financial reporting and vessel yearly budgets.
- Ensure that all vessels are certified in accordance with international standards. Surveys and inspections are scheduled, and any class conditions are completed on time.
- Specification, planning, and execution of drydock repairs, as well as budget/bill settlement are all responsibilities.
- Inspect the management of the company. Identify areas for improvement and double-check that corrective and preventive actions are being taken.
- Examine and respond to technical reports on the vessel as well as equipment performance monitoring. Examine the vessel’s records and documentation to ensure that they comply with international regulations as well as the company’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with stakeholders such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers, and others to ensure the vessel’s
- Follow corporate policies and procedures to implement and maintain a safe, environmentally friendly, dependable, and cost-effective standard.
- Ensure that service delivery standards are consistent, professional, and efficient at all times.
- Coach and train officers and crew members.
- Conduct officer evaluations and make recommendations.
- Conduct interviews with engine officers to determine their suitability for promotion or selection.
- Investigate incidents/accidents on board when the Fleet Managers direct you to do so.
- Certificate of Competency of Chief Engineers.
- On LPG / Ethylene / Ethane Vessels, sailing experience on MAN B&W ME type engines as Chief Engineer or 1st Assistant Engineer is preferred.
- Technologically savvy, comfortable in a digital environment, and capable of developing logical processes.
- There is no need for prior shore experience.
- Ability to travel on short notice and maintain a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week on-call schedule.
- Capable of developing, improving, and implementing safe and cost-effective technical vessel management processes.
- An in-depth understanding of the rules and regulations that govern the management of vessels.
With excellent time management skills, dedicated and responsible in meeting deadlines.
- Independent, goal-oriented, well-organized
- In a dynamic and fast-paced environment, has a strong team orientation and the ability to manage cross-functional relationships.