Our client is a successful shipowner based on the South Coast, who are looking for a Ship Manager to join their Technical team.
In this role, you will prepare maintenance and docking specifications, ensure the safe performance of the vessels, lead HSE performance and ensure budgetary requirements are monitored and maintained to minimise the vessels downtown.
These vessels will require regular vessel visits and you will also manage the ship staff ensuring they maintain high standards of performance on board.
The ideal candidate:
- Have Class 1 COC and have sailed up to Chief Engineer, however, a Class 2 OR OOW Engineering COC is a minimum requirement for the role.
- Shore-based experience in a similar role would be desirable although other experience will be considered.
- Extensive safety awareness.
- Be happy working in a small team with an intense workload.
- Have a 'hands-on - lead from the front' attitude.
You will be permitted to work flexibly from home for this role, ideally from a base on the South Coast to reduce commute times, with travel to ships and the office when restrictions are lifted for meetings etc.
To be considered, please send your CV to Elizabeth.Mahony@Faststream.com or call directly on +44 (0) 2380 208 833.