JOB SUMMARY: The Program Engineer serves as the liaison between project management and the technical community, ensuring proper technical rigor is maintained in the execution of contracted ship repair work. The Program Engineer is the company's technical expert and primary technical point of contact.
SUPERVISES: WAF department, Planning Department, Scheduling Department
- Identify the requirements for Process Control Procedures (PCP’s) in work packages.
- Write PCP’s and review PCP’s written by others to ensure technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Review proposed work items and government technical direction for accuracy, adequacy and applicability.
- Research engineering documents and provide guidance and recommendations when technical issues arise during the execution of ship repair work.
- Work closely with both company personnel and Government Engineering and technical codes to ensure sound engineering principles are considered when making technical decisions.
- Review Proposed Requests for Contract Changes to identify technical issues and to make recommended changes
- Participate in the development of Availability schedules to ensure feasibility and to identify potential technical conflicts in the execution strategy.
- Supervise the administration of the Technical Library, WAF department and Planning Department.
- Represent the company at meetings of a technical nature
- May be asked to provide training to company employees on engineering specific matters such as NAVSEA standard Items, NSTM’s, Process Control Procedures and other related topics.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Four year degree in Technical or Engineering field (i.e. Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, etc.) strongly preferred. Significant shipboard/ship repair experience in lieu of degree may be considered for candidates who fully meet all other requirements.
- At least 4 years of Ship Repair experience or Shipboard experience in Naval Service.
- Must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard items, General Specs for Overhaul of Surface Ships and familiarity with Naval Ship Tech Manual.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and with outside customers. Communication skills must be effective both orally and in writing, and candidate must possess the ability to speak in a large group setting.
- Must have the ability to train others.
- Must have experience working with Word, Excel, Project, Power Point and Outlook