Job Title: Program Manager
Reports To: Director of Production
To coordinate and facilitate timely work activities to achieve successful completion of projects on time and on budget. Maintains primary point of contact with owner representative and establishes project finalization details to closure.
- Responsible for managing entire project from contract signing to delivery.
- Works with the Planning and/ Scheduling department to create achievable schedules and budgets following contract signing for both design and project construction.
- Develop and maintain check-off schedules.
- Monitor “in-yard” dates for material and equipment.
- Organizes work to support hull construction schedules.
- Develops and maintains manning projections to identify recommended changes in manning levels.
- Regularly inspects all projects to verify and update levels of physical progress. Verifies that closed work packages are satisfactorily completed. Inspects open work packages and develops EAC’s based on percent complete.
- Responsible for driving each project to meet internal milestones holding all team members accountable for their tasks.
- Works with production, planning and scheduling and management to ensure compliance with schedule; helps develop corrective action as necessary to achieve scheduled dates and / or milestones.
- Identifies possible bottlenecks in meeting schedule deadlines and proactively helps resolve.
- Maintains major equipment paper documentation.
- Maintains equipment activation and test documentation.
- Oversees sea trials and coordinates proper documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized person who can drive numerous projects at once and can prioritize the workloads of employees.
- Experience influencing and keeping teams on task, within budgets and on schedule.
- Experience using tools such as Microsoft Project to help manage and report on projects.
- Experience managing vendors or subcontractors as part of project management.
- Must have solid PC skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Works collaboratively with trades and leadership personnel.
- Utilizes individual skills and strengths for the benefit of the team.
- Spread good practices throughout the organization.
- Verbal and written communications are clear and concise on where we stand on each vessel.
- Prepares organized plans on how to reach our production goals.
- Demonstrates good listening skills.
- Takes time to communicate with all members when changes are enacted.
- Notifies management immediately if schedules or budgets are compromised and drafts a contingency plan to get back on track.
- Supports and accomplishes all other tasks as assigned.
- Working knowledge of shipbuilding process and trades.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with advanced understanding of various trade best practices.
- Must have strong commitment towards quality of work performed and end result.
- Must be a effective communicator while offering a high level of diplomacy.