Promote shipyard services and products by developing and executing an effective Sales and Marketing strategy in collaboration with the senior leadership team. This will include managing and developing customer relationships, developing effective marketing plans and implementing development initiatives and close co-ordination with internal commercial and production counterparts.
- Provide effective sales and marketing activities to leverage commercial advantage and win / retain business opportunities.
- Develop,evolve and implements all sales and development initiatives / projects by adding value.
- Conduct comprehensive business-case and commercial feasibility analysis for developing new business prospects.
- Participate in comprehensive marketing and business development programs both short and long term.
- Monitor the marine and non-marine markets regionally and globally for business opportunities and produce prospect reports.
- Develop a clear marketing strategy of shipyard services and products to aid expansion.
- Close customer liaison working to resolve any complaints and client queries as quickly as possible.
- Deliver best-in-class customer service at all times.
- Coach, mentor and develop junior colleagues and work collaboratively with internal colleagues.
- Promote best in class HSEQ performance at all times.
- To be considered you will be working in a similar commercial position currently with leadership responsibility for strategic sales and marketing activities within a shipyard.
- You are likely to be a recognised sales and marketing professional within a renowned shipyard facility.
- A technical background or qualification if preferred (i.e. mechanical / production engineering) and evidence of further academic study (i.e. MBA) is advantageous.
- As a guide you will have 10 years (as a minimum) of managerial / people management experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills are essential. Arabic language skills are advantageous.
- Good knowledge of sales and marketing methodologies: market research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, pricing, advertising, media etc.
- Good knowledge of customer segmentation and needs analysis.
- Strong IT and presentation skills are essential.
- The role will involve frequent regional and international travel often at short notice.