Our client is a leader shipbuilder in the Pacific Northwest. Join a team of marine professionals who design and build a variety of ship types. Bring your experience in shipbuilding, piping, and leading a team to a yard with full order book and ongoing projects.
- Supervise Shipyard Pipe Craft Department which includes planning and scheduling work, managing and developing staff
- Provides accurate estimates of manpower, material and equipment needs to complete projects and tasks.
- Lead the planning and scheduling of projects and tasks. Ensure that all plans and schedules are provided to various departments to integrate with other craft plans and schedules.
- Supervise and develop department employees, including motivating, leading, and training
- Lead projects and pipefitting activities in accordance with project plans
- Ensure shipyard policies, and all Safety / OSHA guidelines are adhered to, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Responsible to drive ethical behavior and instill a culture of Safety, Health & Environmental throughout the organization
- Experience leading pipe-fitters and craftsmen in a shipbuilding operation
- Proven leadership abilities
- New build construction expertise
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems is a plus
- Proven knowledge of scheduling and project management