The Solutions Engineer will be a part of technical sales support function. The engineer will be a subject matter expert (SME) in VSAT, with strong knowledge of MSS products while also supporting other industry verticals within SpeedCast. This role will design industry tailored product-based solutions by understanding the specifics of the vertical market. Good interpersonal and presentation skills are required to engage end-customers in support of Sales activities.
To be effective, deep and up-to-date knowledge of satellite communications, MSS and IT network systems will need to be maintained.
Key Area of Responsibility:
TECHNICAL SALES SUPPORT
- Develop detailed technical designs of satellite and terrestrial communication solutions to meet customer communication requirements in the VSAT and MSS market, including network design, link budget analysis, IP networking, preparation of bill of materials, and network diagrams.
- Write technical and commercial proposals and submission documents in response to complex, large, and medium-scale projects RFPs and Tenders, with little or no supervision.
- Participate and lead technical briefings with end-customers, distributors, and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare costs models for bandwidth, labour, and bill of materials that are required as input to Pricing models and tools.
- Work jointly with the Sales team to develop suitable bid prices that are cognisant of the company's P&L objectives.
- In cooperation with Sales Team, prepare cost, pricing models and sensitivity analysis in line with company financial objectives and procedures.
- Assist the Sales Team in the pre-sales functions of identifying and qualifying potential opportunities and reviewing and vetting their written proposals.
- Provide post-sales guidance and assistance to Project Management and Service Delivery teams in handing over projects that are won.
- Maintain appropriate records pertaining to projects, customers, enquiries and other activities.
INDUSTRY VERTICAL SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Support the company’s Enterprise and Emerging Markets Vertical strategy, and associated sales and business development staff, by owning the technical solution development life-cycle.
- Remain up-to-date with research of the market and applicable communication technologies.
- Assist Marketing Team in the preparation of product collateral (manuals, brochures, slide decks etc.).
- Assist Marketing Team to develop integrated marketing campaign for the Cellular, and other verticals as needed.
- Liaise with Product Development for any feature development of new Cellular products and services.
- Collaborate with Business Development/ Sales to determine penetration strategy.
- Communicate knowledge and product solutions using webinar.
- Prepare presentation material to support speaking opportunities at industry conferences.
Minimum Bachelor Engineering degree in Telecommunications, Electrical, Electronics, Computing, MIS, or demonstrated relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years of Satellite communication systems/ satellite services providers/ IT team lead/ Telco product management/ technical pre-sales, specification of telecommunications services;
- Minimum of 2 years preparing technical and commercial proposals for telecommunication services.
- Preferably, 2 year experience with Satellite network design tools, such as iDirect iNPT, COMTECH cNPT, LBA tools, such as ECM, SatMaster Pro, LST5, CLBT lite, and others.
Technical Know How
- Practical experience in an IT/Networking environment and sound knowledge of voice and data networking; ideally certified (e.g. CCNP, ITIL, etc.)
- Practical experience working and liaising with technical and non-technical staff across all levels, both internal and external, ideally in an Engineering/Telecommunications or IT/IP capacity.
- Strong experience delivering multiple projects across a diverse range of remote client environments and locations.
- Working knowledge of satellite and/or telecommunications systems, including knowledge of VSAT and MSS technology (e.g., iDirect, COMTECH, Newtec, Viasat, SeaTel, Intellian, SCADA, Inmarsat among others).
- Strong experience with latest Microsoft Office applications (Excel, MS-Word, Visio, Project, Powerpoint, Outlook, among others).
- Good experience with CRM tools, preferably Microsoft Dynamics CRM.