West Coast based Waterfront Maintenance & Repair Company seeks qualified individual to manage Special Projects and Union Labor work force at the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach. The Special Projects Engineer will be required to manage daily operations and be experienced at successfully managing industrial project plans within prescribed time frame and budget parameters.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project; including safety, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management and quality.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
• This position will be responsible for scheduling meetings with other team members/departments to ensure that the project stays on track.
• The candidate must also supervise and monitor the work of outside contractors and vendors in relation to the project.
• This candidate must have Strong administrative and management skills, Customer Relations, Advanced Computer skills, Project Management and Labor Relations skills.
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Required
Valid Driver’s license (CDL preferred) Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Acceptance in all areas of accountability, pertaining to all areas of responsibilities. Willingness to work at various heights. Safety minded/oriented. Requires knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience; Requires an eye for detail. Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism.
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on a team and lead it
Must feel comfortable and able to work safely at elevated heights, including several stories above the ground
Should possess a technical aptitude for heavy equipment; some knowledge of engineering is a plus.
Special Projects Engineer (cont.)
• Leadership ability
• Organizational skills
• Mathematical skills
• Technical skills
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is a position which includes areas where employees work in a shop environment or in the field with exposure to noise and machinery and weather.
• This is a non-union management position. Top Salary and Benefits for qualified individual. Salary based on experience.