Senior Technical Superintendent
We are looking for am experienced Technical Superintendent to manage the day to day operational readiness, maintenance and regulatory compliance of a fleet of international towing vessels. Provides support with regard to equipment inspections, vessel surveys, repairs, dry-dockings and yard periods to other regions, divisions and companies as required.
- Develops and reviews planned operations and maintenance program for vessels.
- Determines methods, lengths and costs of necessary vessel maintenance and repairs.
- Trains engineers with regard to vessel systems, repairs, and regulatory compliance.
- Supports the ships to comply with Class, Flag State, SOLAS, USCG and Company’s SMS requirements.
- Ability to analyze problems via communication while a vessel is at sea or in a remote location.
- Evaluates and initiates corrective action on emergency/casualty repairs for vessels.
- Monitors all engineering work-in-progress for planned and unplanned maintenance and repairs for vessels.
- Evaluates and initiates proper corrective action to eliminate additional expenses to maintenance and repair budget.
- Provides help for inspection of vessels by regulatory groups. Accompanies USCG and Class surveyors for mid-period inspections, load line annual surveys, special, intermediate surveys and other regulatory inspections.
- Responsible for the remedy and repair of all deficiencies, operational and administrative.
- These are international towing vessels, international travel will be involved.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- University Engineering degree - Marine Engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in the maritime industry
- Senior Engineering license is a plus
- 3-5 years as a port engineer or shore side management with towing vessels
- Experience with vessel new build projects and site supervision
- Experience sailing internationally required