Strategic Account Manager
Strengthen existing account and develop new accounts. You will be a direct link between operations and the customer and develop as much new business as possible through strategic initiatives and creative solutions.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with customers.
- Contract Management
- Champion the contract renewal processes.
- Maintain A/R within acceptable levels.
- Perform frequent customer meetings.
- Identify and develop new opportunities.
- Take the lead on sales initiatives and contract execution.
- Perform multiple sales calls and develop creative and unique solutions to customer's commercial need.
- Negotiate with the customer and close the transaction.
- Own the industry - attend conferences, local maritime events and customer events to broaden and strengthen company relationships with key players.
- 3+ years of experience within the maritime and/or the transportation industry.
- Creative and innovative thinking required - ability to quickly assess customer needs and adapt to challenging business obstacles
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture, and comfortable operating in a limited-resource environment.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills, excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- B.S. Degree in Business, Marketing, Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering, or related
- MBA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%