Structural Supervisor - Baltimore, MD
We're looking for an experienced shipyard Structural Supervisor. You will be responsible for overseeing work shops and a a team of welders and fitters in an active ship repair facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the fabrication shop and all structural repairs
- Direct Shipfitters and Welders and other shipyard crafts
- Direct sub-contractors
- Follow blueprints and plans to ensure position, alignment, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or sub-units
- Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Operate plate shears, press brake and other shop equipment.
- Read blueprints and drawings to ensure all work is performed to required specifications
- Participate in and lead a safety focused culture
This is a hands on position leading a team of 15+ skilled tradesmen and managing an active shop and traveling crews. Previous experience in a shipyard working in and supervising skilled trades is required.