Superintendent Engineer - Diesel
Overall supervision of shipboard and power plant diesel maintenance and overhaul projects.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides technical service installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, overhauls and modernization for engines and turbochargers manufactured by the company and affiliated companies on seagoing vessels and power plants.
- Provides technical advice; training and service program information including follow-up to previously visited vessels as well as engine related support to customers.
- Directs and supervises work performed by outside contractors in repair of the company’s engines.
- Assists workshops in technical matters as required, assists in the collection of receivables, establishes and maintains good business relations and communication with all customers.
- Extensive travel to customer sites including shipyards and power plants
- Implement internal technical modifications and information.
- Handle various projects at all levels of the organization.
- Reports (e.g. Service Reports) have to be finished and uploaded two days after the job is finished.
- Responsible for safe keeping of job-specific tools.
- B.S. Degree in Marine Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years of diesel engine operation, maintenance, and overhaul
- Ability to reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl, ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in wet, humid, hot conditions, near moving mechanical parts, in high precarious places.
- Working in an engine room where other engines are running, and dealing with high temperatures, humidity, vibrations, and loud noises.