A world-leading classification society with offices all over the world, operating across multiple industries offering industry-standard certifications, are recruiting a Surveyor.
The primary function of this role is to develop the ability to effectively examine and report on vessels and other marine structures during and after construction relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for maintaining the vessel in Classification and meeting associated statutory and special service requirements related to Safety of Life at Sea, Loadline, Tonnage, Cargo Gear and Pollution Prevention Certification.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of the company's rules, guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as the company's Employee Safety Policy
- Ability to read engineering plans and have a basic understanding of shipbuilding practices and vessel operations
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format
- Knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities
- Knowledge of related technical interfaces required for group project work
- Knowledge of ship's engineering systems and machinery
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, pertinent information relative to assigned area of technical expertise
- Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions
- Responsiveness to customers
- Ability to work well with others
Required/Preferred Education Requirements:
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum two years program); or qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer.
- Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the scope of statutory certification and services and, before assignment, with their future work.
To apply and find out more, please send your updated CV to David.Mace@faststream.com.