Systems Administrator – NY, NY
The Systems Administrator is responsible for all aspects of managing and supporting IT infrastructure at the Company. This role will be the primary technical resource at the Company to identify, own, and scale our IT infrastructures and systems.
- Lead desktop support efforts, ensuring all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Maintain server, firewall, and network security
- Manage outsourced IT consultants, including consulting with them on complex projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve local hardware and software issues
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, and disaster recovery
- Provide technical and A/V set-up for conferences, board meetings, promotional events
- Maintain IT inventory
- Maintain desktop patches, antivirus updates, white list, block list
- Support field force remote access from laptops, iOS and Android based devices
- Provide after hours on-call support as needed
- Minimum 5 years experience in the information technology field
- Hands on experience in installing, supporting end-users and maintaining infrastructure related hardware, software
- Comfortable managing processes in a networked Windows environment, and Mac / iOS/ Android devices
- Solid experience in servers, storage, network, and telecommunication
- Thorough knowledge of desktop systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols. Focus on Outlook and MS Office.
- Networking knowledge and experience (+ CCNA level)
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and administering user accounts, permissions and roles via AD.
- Wireless access point management and configuration
- Technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently, within a team or with a vendor
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to subcontractors
- Ability to support outside of normal business hours