An opportunity to work for a leading shipbroking firm located in central London. They are looking for a highly motivated Chief Officer (or above) with significant experience sailing onboard tankers to join their experienced operations team to support the continuous growth of the company.
Within this position you will be responsible for all operational aspects for the time charter fleet which represents around 45 vessels trading globally. You will contribute to a safe, efficient and reliable operations as well as support leaders across the business on technical matters.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Monitoring all vessels on period charter
- Assist project team on nautical and technical issues
- Liaising with Customers, Owners and Agents on operational matters
- Handle all documentation requirements for the time charter fleet and when required for spot fleet
- Assist in building partnerships with Customers, Owners and Agents
- Actively participate in the development of quality management systems and engage in the process for improvement and transformation of department procedures
- Maintain continuous updating of all department fleet operational records, files and databases
- Process and ensure compliance with TCP requirements and company procedures and that all relevant operational information is communicated between Customers, Owners and Agents
- Monitor and record all details of voyage performance including off hire, stoppages, delays and other details for the fleet performance reports
- Liaise with the commercial department concerning any information requirements, questionnaires, certification, invoicing (freight and commission) and scheduling of the vessels
- Liaise with Customers, Owners and Agents on the fleet’s movements, declaration of L/C’s, options and other requirements
- Assist on any department/company projects and additional duties as and when required