Faststream is recruiting on behalf of a maritime technology and a ship inspection company based in Wales.
Faststream is on the look out for a Technical Assistant to join a global technical team initially on a 12-month contract.
This role would primarily be based remotely, but an occasional need to visit the head office in Cardiff may be required.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Technical Assistant role will offer day-to-day support to the company technical department, ensuring the efficient and high-quality delivery of technical inspection reports to the customer base and providing further resourcing capacity into the business to ensure it can meet the continued demand for its services.
Assisting primarily with the interpretation, correction and adjustment of all technical reports and supporting data is a key function of the technical team and the Technical Support role will contribute effectively to this overall process, in order to ensure quality standards are always maintained.
- General report processing, reviewing, re-writing and/or Quality Checking (QC) review of final reports within the technical team
- Contributing to the delivery of Classification Records Reviews (CRR)
- Uploading and organisation of reports and supporting data to the ASIMS inspection management system
- Contribution to surveyor feedback and performance loops, supporting surveyor performance standards and continuous improvement where possible
- Becoming fully familiar with the types of survey conducted by the company, how standards differ, how the products and final reports vary and offering technical support into each one:
- General condition inspections - key finance clients
- General condition inspections - general finance clients
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Pre-charter vetting inspections
- General charterer vetting inspections
- Flag surveys (General Inspections)
- Either an ex-engineer or deck officer will be accepted
- 1-2 years of experience at sea is ideal. Although candidates with slightly less experience may be considered.
- Based in the UK
- The position is remote based (UK only)
- Location ideally commutable to Cardiff for business gatherings
- Desire to start a career ashore
Please send your updated CV to Rory Edwards at Rory.Edwards@faststream.com