Direct Search Global is working on an exciting role for Technical Authority, Electrical. The right candidate should be a veteran and subject matter expert in the field of electrical engineering design, construction and integration for Crude Oil Carriers, FSOs and FPSOs. With at least 20 years of experience, the incumbent will be responsible for guiding and lead key position personnel on large complex projects.
- Ensure that systems and equipment are designed and specified efficiently
- Guide and lead personnel in key positions on large complex projects in order to protect company’s interests and ensure effective execution of the work
- Describe, interpret and explain the relevant standards and regulations related to electrical safety
- Describe, interpret, analyse and explain basic and complex power distribution systems and the relevant standards, codes and practices applied to the selection of distribution equipment
- Describe, interpret and explain the relevant standards and regulations which relate to earthing systems engineering and operation
- Perform advanced power system calculations, with detailed knowledge of power system constraints for complex situations including load shedding, reacceleration and harmonic analysis
- Review and decide on the most appropriate protection scheme for electrical networks / equipment.
Experience & Qualification
- More than 20 years of experience in the engineering design, construction and integration of electrical systems for Crude Oil Tankers, FSOs and FPSOs.
- More than 15 years of experience with management of critical electrical equipment packages, Ehouse/LER and/or leadership in the detail engineering of FPSOs with at least one project for large scale FPSO (VLCC sized)
- Experienced in managing engineering companies and electrical contractors/vendors, fabrication yards and in delivering, integration, testing and commissioning of electrical systems/equipment
- Has an in-depth understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of EMC.
- Relevant recognized qualifications – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Chemical or other related engineering) discipline
- Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate / Registered with recognized professional body.
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to email@example.com