Technical Director - Naval Architecture
Proactively directs and drives ship modernization and technical projects through a team of project managers so they are accomplished within the prescribed time frame, budget, and meet all safety and quality and brand guidelines. Liaises operating department representatives intimately involved in the modernization of a ship: Hotel, Culinary, Marine, Design, Finance, Procurement, HR, IT, ShoreEx, Revenue, Sales & Marketing, Safety & Environment and ship yards. Typical oversight would include major ship projects such as modernizations, revitalizations, and additionally, technical projects pertaining to engines, energy savings, AWP, AEP (scrubber technology)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the flawless return to service of a portfolio of ship modernization projects.
- Responsible for delivering the project on budget and on schedule.
- Define and achieve execution related continuous improvement goals for cruise ship
- Responsible for leading and directing project managers to achieve re-delivery goals and
project a corporate culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain key partnerships with shipyards and supplier.
- Develop and maintain processes and reporting systems that support a continuous
- Confers with matrixed constituent department representatives and vendors to outline
milestones, establish work plans, responsibilities, scope and tracking routines.
- Manage team members to meet project deadlines and provide input on team member
activities for schedule review process.
- Manages vendors, to whom technical work is outsourced to, ensuring they meet our time,
budget, safety and brand guidelines.