Our client is a global leader in towage and other marine related services. They are offering a generous base salary, bonus, health/life insurance, company vehicle, and relocation assistance. The position is based in the Dominican Republic and the client will support a work permit. This one will not last long.
General Area of Responsibility
The Technical Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating the technical department, offering specialized support to ensure a safe and operational fleet of tugboats and launches, and manage and implement projects that improve the performance and cost efficiency of the technical department.
Specific Area of Responsibility:
The main tasks will be:
- Lead the technical and maintenance and repair team to ensure that all tools and equipment on board the tugs are maintained according to the established requirements and repairs are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Motivate change and innovation, to ensure that tugs remain in operation.
- Implement timely and cost-efficient initiatives to prepare the operation for occasional repairs, and reduce the vessel's out-of-service hours.
- Plan and manage the maintenance program for all the tugboats.
- Provide financial analysis related to fleet maintenance and fuel consumption.
- Manage and supervise the company's purchasing process.
- Analyze, project and optimize the budget assigned to the technical department.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks as needed.
- University degree in Naval Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related area. Master's degree preferred.
Training and Experience
- More than 5 years of experience in maritime/ naval organization as Technical Supervisor or Manager.
- Solid understanding of towing business.
- Knowledge of vessel machinery and engine system.
- Ability to work in a global business environment and in a matrix organization.
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish. Advance written and spoken English.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Safety environmental awareness.
- Flexibility to travel frequently for short periods of time, as well as ride vessels if required.