Our client is Europe's leading owner and operator for a large fleet of vessels in the offshore wind, renewables and oil and gas sector.
Due to the continued expansion of their fleet, they have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Technical Manager to join them in their industry-leading Technical team, who operate out of the UK in Suffolk.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate for this role will take overall responsibility for the technical management of a fleet of over 45 vessels in various locations around the UK and Europe.
Additionally, you will support the setup of new operations in various sites around Europe, and future operations internationally. You will be responsible for the full technical budget as well as the management of the entire technical department and be integral to the launch of world-first dual-fuel technology ships.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Shore-based technical management experience overseeing a large fleet of vessels.
- Seagoing experience as an Engineer - any level considered if relevant shore-based experience held.
- Smaller boat knowledge is desirable; EG experience with Tugs, Crew Transfer vessels, lifeboats, pilot boats, high-speed ferry's, workboats or vessels that come into port regularly.
- Strong management skills.
- Experience with high-speed engines and various propulsion systems is beneficial.
To be considered for this role, you must have the existing right to live and work in the UK and be willing to be based permanently within commuting distance of the office in Suffolk.
In return, our client offers a strong remuneration package with significant benefits and the opportunity to be part of an organisation bringing out first in the world technology.
To apply and find out more, please send your CV to Elizabeth.Mahony@faststream.com.