Our client is an established shipping expert whose technology (which has been in R&D phase for several years) has been developed from the bottom-up, enabling solutions which fit with existing ship operations.
Reporting to the CEO, the Technical Manager will be required to lead, develop and grow the Engineering Team during this next significant and complex phase of the Company's development.
The Company is currently a small enterprise and therefore the Technical Manager will be required to make a personal contribution in his/her area of expertise.
Purpose of the Job
To deliver the company’s Engineering vision in design, development and innovation by leading and organising the engineering resources and consultants, procedures, processes and quality.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Engineering Delivery
- Engineering Management
- Line Management
- Undertake engineering duties as an individual contributor
- An engaging team leader and team player with proven experience in developing and growing technical teams
- Strong interest and commitment to new technology solutions in the maritime or renewables industry
- Innovative troubleshooter
- Collaborative approach
Education and Qualifications
- Engineering degree – Naval Architecture, Mechanical, Marine or Renewable Energy
- Chartered Engineer
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 10 years’ Engineering experience in the Marine, Industrial, Renewables or Offshore sectors
- Experience in shipbuilding and/or rotating machinery and/ or delivery of innovative technology solutions to the shipping marine or offshore industries
- Experience in a structured engineering environment with established processes
- Experience in the following disciplines: Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Control System design, Composites
- Accomplished in Engineering design with the capability and confidence to review, approve and sign off work
- Proven track record of Contract Delivery, with experience in drafting technical specifications and commercial contracts for the manufacturing Marine or Industrial equipment