Technical Manager with prior experience in handling Chemical/Oil tanker
· Responsible to provide technical operations and maintenance of your assigned fleet to ensure safe and efficient transportation
· Responsible to ensure that all assigned vessels operate in compliance with company, flag state, and classification society requirements.
· Performance monitoring, dry docking, surveys, etc will be a part of your responsibilities.
· Responsible for daily operations of chemical and oil tankers according to safety guidelines, port operations, anchoring and mooring operations, technical and engine room operations, flag state, shipboard inspection, oil major/CDI & other commercial inspections, QHSE matters, crewing, dry-docking & repairs, etc
· Guide the ship’s staff on maintenance & running repairs of hull and machinery matters and monitor their performance
· Attend to any emergency repairs or damage repairs etc to ensure minimum downtime (lay-up) of the ship for such ad-hoc repairs.
· Monitor and implement PMS for hull and machinery. Carry out routine periodical inspections of the vessel to ensure that the PMS is carried out and the ships are maintained in good working condition at all times.
· Attend to any major repairs/modifications if required to be carried out in close coordination with the classification society.
· Attend to a new building at the shipyard as and when required by the company
· Attend Class surveys, PSC / FSC, CDI and terminal inspections, dry docking surveys, etc.
· Prepare yearly budget of the vessel’s routine maintenance, dry-docking, repairs, stores, and spares.
· Monitor procurement of stores, spares, services, and repairs.
· Monitor the ships’ performance on a daily basis to ensure that the ships are performing as required and be able to monitor and troubleshoot any technical and /or maintenance issues that are either detected through monitoring or are raised by the ship’s staff.
· Identify areas for improvements and modifications and make recommendations for the efficient operation of the vessels
· To plan implementation and compliance of the latest rules & regulations, technology advancements, energy efficiency measures, and environmental protection measures as applicable to vessels
· Able to station in both China and Singapore.
· Previous seagoing experience as a Chief Engineer on chemical and oil tanker
· Proven track record of handling chemical and oil cargo, car carrier
· Ability to travel within short notice
· Good team player, responsible, and able to work independently
· Knowledge in Class, FSC, PSC, ISM, ISPS, and other statutory requirements
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
· Minimum 3 years of experience as a Technical Manager / Superintendent