Flagship Management is currently looking to recruit a Technical Manager to join a growing major mega-yacht management company in South Florida. This professional will be responsible for consulting certain yachts under management in the area of refits, maintenance and repairs, and class / flag compliance. The technical manager must show significant experience and knowledge in the classed passenger vessel sector of the maritime industry. This position may be based out of either Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, ready to visit appropriate yachts in various shipyards.
- Create and manage classed yacht refit specifications and manage appropriate shipyards, services, and contractors needed for the project.
- Assist in the bidding process for maintenance, repairs, and construction
- Review and address appropriate insurance requirements
- Monitor yacht project quality control and budget
- Assist / Consult in all flag / class surveys
- Minimum Bachelors degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, or hold a USCG engineering license with at least 3 years sea time on passenger vessels.
- Considerable experience with large yacht refit / dry dock periods
- Comfortable with basic administration duties including the use of MS Office
- Strong communication skills
- Valid American drivers license
- American citizen or current greed card holder (no sponsorships)
- Must be able to pass an initial drug screen and background check
In return, this employer is offering a competitive salary based on experience and a chance to work on challenging projects with some of the most advanced yachts in the world.